Tuesday, February 22, 2011

When You Don't Have Time to Eat at Home......Eat at Chic - Fil- A

Currently, I am unemployed - but I hope to find a job in the very near future.  While I have been out of work, cooking 3 meals a day for my hubby and for myself has been rather easy.  Frankly, I have all the time in the world.  I know, however, that for most people it isn't so easy.  When you have a full time job, children, and extracurricular activities to attend, you might find yourself throwing your hands up and going out to dinner - simply because you do not have time to cook.  Jason and I love to eat dinner out as well, and with all of the healthy options out there now, it's easier than ever to enjoy a dinner out.  Here are some of my favorite suggestions!

Chic - Fil - A
  1. Char-grilled Chicken Sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes.  ( I usually pull off the tomatoes and eat those separately simply because I don't like tomatoes on sandwiches.  These sandwiches come with a Honey Roasted BBQ sauce that is delicious, but it's one point per packet.  Therefore, I usually eat mine with a few packets of hot sauce and one packet of their low fat mayo.  I'll even bring fat free mayo from home to the restaurant to eat so that the sandwich is only 6 points.  If you add a bbq packet or mayo packet, don't forget to add the points.)
  2. Side Salad with cheese and one packet fat free honey mustard (3 points).  This salad is really delicious and goes great with the sandwich as cited above.
  3. Roasted chicken noodle soup (4 points).  Delicious, filling,and a more than enough for a serving. Goes great with a salad.  They even had a soup and salad combo on their menu now.
  4. Chicken Nuggets (The 8 pack is only 7 points.)  This goes great with a side salad as well.
  5. Large salads range from 4 to 6 points.  Bring your favorite dressing from home or order a fat free version from the restaurant.
  6. Sauces:  Buffalo is 0 points per cup.  Each cup of barbeque is 1 point.  The fat free honey mustard dressing could be used as a dipping sauce, and it's one point.  All others are 3 or 4 points each so avoid those.
  7. Fruit Cup is 0 points and goes great with the sandwich, soup, or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment