Friday, January 28, 2011

Getting started......

In early 2006, I joined Weight Watchers with a few friends of mine.  All determined to lose weight, we set ourselves up for success.  In less than a year, following the Weight Watchers program, I had lost 89 pounds.  I was thrilled, felt better than I had in years, and I was very proud of accomplishing such a hard task.  Then, I met Jason.  Jason is the greatest man that I have ever met, and I fell head over heals in love with him.  Being in love and knowing I had found the one, made me very happy.  It also made me start packing the pounds back on.  Jason loved me and my curves.  That old saying about being "fat and happy" encompasses my life perfectly.  I also went back to teaching in the regular classroom, and the stress of the job and planning a wedding caused me to eat more.  I gained the weight back just as quickly as I had lost it.  I became discouraged and annoyed with myself, and have ignored the inevitable for long enough.  I need to lose weight.  I have to lose weight.  My current weight is preventing me from really living the life I want to live.  I'm a self-taught cook who loves being in the kitchen, and I have always had a flare for creativity!  So, I am taking my creative side into the kitchen and creating a multitude of healthy, delicious, and satisfying meals.  I am a firm believer in having choices while losing weight because I know that if I have choices and good food to choose from, I am more likely to experience the same success that I had in 2006.  My future blogs will include daily menus and recipes and products that go along with them.  I have so much information in my head about cooking good,healthy food, and I can't wait to share it with others.  Happy reading and delicious eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment