Friday, January 28, 2011

Survived the Movies!

Jason and I decided to go watch No Strings Attached.  What a hilarious movie it was!  We laughed through the whole thing.  Before the movie, we made a plan to stick to our diet and sneak in some low fat and healthy snacks.  Yep, we are living on the edge - taking our own snacks into the theater.  We brought Ziploc bags of frozen grapes and a fiber one bar broken up into pieces.  And, you know what - I didn't miss that buttery, delicious popcorn one bit, not one bit...okay so maybe I missed it a little, but my thighs will thank me later!

Frozen Grapes
If you have never eaten your grapes out of the freezer, you should seriously give this a try.  I dated a guy in the past whose sister loved them, and I decided to give them a try.  When I bring my grapes home from the store, I buy 4 pounds a week (it's one of our favorite snacks), I pull them off the stem, wash them, drain them, and separate them into one cup servings.  I put them in Ziploc bags and toss them in the freezer.  They are delicious, and the best part is it takes me about 30 to 45 minutes to eat one bag!  In theory, I guess you could toss them in some Splenda, freeze them, and see what happens.  I bet they would be delicious.  I'll try this next week, and let you know how it works out!  Happy reading and delicious eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment